Kodi PS4/PS3 is one of the most entertaining platforms, especially for those who love to play high definition games. Also, they can stream high definition videos on their PlayStation. New to PlayStation console and don’t have an idea to install Kodi on your PS4/PS3? No need to worry about it anymore. Just follow the installation steps carefully.
How to Download and Install Kodi on PS4/PS3?
Officially, Kodi is not accessible for the PlayStation Console. But there is an alternative way to install Kodi on your PlayStation. The alternative method to install Kodi on PS4/PS3 is Plex and Ubuntu.
Plex is one of the streaming applications that perform all the functions that are similar to Kodi. This application can run on any platform like Windows, Linux, and macOS. With this streaming service, you can stream your favorite videos, audio, and photos on your PlayStation console.
Steps to Install Plex on PS4/PS3
- Open your PlayStation.
- Navigate to the PlayStation store.
- On the search bar, search for the Plex.
- Now, select the download option to start installing the Plex application on your PlayStation Console.
Setup Plex on your PlayStation
After downloading the Plex on your PlayStation, you need to create your Plex account to use it.
- Select the Sign-in option.
- On the other device, visit this site and set up the Plex on your gaming console.
- Now add your account on the console.
Note: The code will be different. Hence use the proper code that is displayed on your screen.
Connecting to Plex Media Server on PS4
Now play your Playstation as a Plex client. To browse the Plex library via your PlayStation, all you need to do is head to the Media Folder and find the Plex application. Alternatively, you can launch Media Player on your PS4. Well done! You have installed Plex on your PS4 successfully. Run your PS4 as a Plex client.
Steps to install Kodi on PlayStation using Ubuntu
Initially, install Linux on your device and install Kodi on your Ubuntu. However, to install Ubuntu, you should create a “Standalone Ubuntu USB.” In simple, you need to create a bootable ubuntu USB capable of running an Operating System. If you want guide to stream Kodi on Play Station, then the KodiPS4 website provides you everything.
Create a bootable USB
- Open the Virtual box on your PC and click on the option “New.”
- Name the virtual machine that you wish.
- Choose the Type as “Linux” and the version field as “Ubuntu 64 bit”.
- Click Next.
- Then choose “do not add a virtual drive” on the following screen.
- Select Next.
- If it pops a warning message, select “Continue.”
- Now the virtual machine is created.
- Navigate to the Settings > Storage > Empty.
- Then choose the Ubuntu disk icon and check for the storage tree.
- Now add the storage location by using the add drive icon on the right side.
- Now start your Ubuntu and follow the further steps to install Ubuntu on your USD drive.
Load Linux on your PlayStation
- Insert the bootable USB drive and navigate to the Settings.
- Choose the User guide option.
- Now select the PS4 WebKit Playground that enables you to jailbreak PS4.
- Then select the Linux loader and on your console will display the ubuntu screen.
- Currently, your Ubuntu is loaded.
Install Kodi on PS4 using Ubuntu
- Search for the terminals.
- Enter “sudo apt-get install software-properties-common.”
- Select “Yes.”
- Now type “sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xmbc/ppa”.
- Enter “sudo apt-get update”.
- Wait till the update process gets over.
- Now type “sudo apt-get install kodi.”
- Choose Yes.
- That’s it.
Hope you have installed Kodi on your PlayStation successfully. If you have any issues in installing, then let us know. We would be glad to solve your installation issues. Thank you.